Team NF Events
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Time of events

+4
nzrogue
cptwallace
Kings11
haggles
8 posters

Go down

Time of events Empty Time of events

Post  haggles Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Is there any chance we could make the timing of the events a little more favourable to people around Australia than sparrows on Monday morning?

I appreciate it will be difficult with HAs but perhaps a system where Team A puts in 3 times out of a range of times and Team B picks one. Each team will get a chance at being Team A one week and Team B the next.

Just throwing ideas out there as there are quite a lot of Aussies who play this game and the timing of NFAFL all but rules them out.

Please offer suggestions of ways we could possibly make this work if you have one. I've heard all the reasons why not to before.

Neutral

haggles

Back to top Go down

Time of events Empty Re: Time of events

Post  Kings11 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Other option would be to play them on a friday night in North America and I can't see that happening. HA is Saturday so that leaves that time slot booked... leaves Sunday in North America.

I hear your problem Haggles, but I just don't feel it fair for a North American based team to have accept times favorable to an Australian or anyone from those timezones on the North American server. Especially when we are now supposed to have 4-8 mods in each battle.

Kings11

Back to top Go down

Post  cptwallace Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 pm

*edit content removed

(how the hell that happened??)

Last edited by cptwallace on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
cptwallace
cptwallace

Back to top Go down

Post  nzrogue Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:41 am

cptwallace wrote:I would like to see 4 mods or at least 2 mods and 2 non mod ref's....

but that won't be a requirement....only 2 is required 1 mod and one non-fleet affiliated.

Erm Wrong thread Cpt? Laughing

Yep HA throws a big spanner in the works this time around.

Cant we ditch HA? Laughing

Coming from NZ the NFAFL time sucks balls. Even if we can shift it back 5 or 6 hours would be a great start ? Its played at 6-7am on a Monday Morning and 3-4am For Australian player base

Just please, consider moving it back about 5-8 hours if possible, even if it was 2am Monday morning would be fine?

(2pm GMT Sunday erm I think)
nzrogue
nzrogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Kings11 Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:45 am

Moving it back 5-8 hours means you are playing in the AM's in North America. We were playing matches at what noon est? Shifting it 8 hours is 4 am Sunday morning in the Est timezone. Kind of a terrible time for a North American server don't yea think?

My thoughts are when too fleets that are based outside of North America can get an agreement and refs to show up, can play at a suiting time. But when it is a North American fleet they are competing against the times stay in there usual spots.

Kings11

Back to top Go down

Post  radco Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Don't forget that the defending ND Cup Champions are 1/2 way between NA and AU/NZ.

radco

Back to top Go down

Post  iampants Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Here we go again...

The largest number of players on this server are european. The second largest are north american.... I would guess that between them they account for 75% of the entire server population at least.

It is completely impossible to reconcile all the timezones of all the players who want to play.

I know this sucks balls for aussies (we have some in TT and lots of asian players so we suffer) but moving the times would make it suck balls for the far larger number of european players (and for instance worse for the eastern european players in ORP and the egyptian players we have in TT).

Unless you are going to ahve a system of allowing various times and a whole bunch of complex rules about the timing of battles I can't see how this can be resolve.

The only idea I can think of (to suit everyone) is to have divisions based on timezones and allow fleet to sign up teams in the timezone division they want to play in.... potentially a fleet could compete in more than one timezone division.

Then you'd end the season with an interdivionsal tournament.

iampants

Back to top Go down

Post  haggles Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 pm

I completely appreciate your point iampants. I'm flat out atm but i hope to have a better look at the timezones for something that is even half reasonable for Aussies while still being most suitable for the majority.

The only idea I can think of (to suit everyone) is to have divisions based on timezones and allow fleet to sign up teams in the timezone division they want to play in.... potentially a fleet could compete in more than one timezone division.

This is the kind of outside the box idea I'm looking for.

Thanks anyhow for listening to our plight.

Very Happy

haggles

Back to top Go down

Post  jarhead34 Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 am

how about during the NFAFL season the HA's get postponed till the season is over
that way we will always have something to aim for HA'S out of season then the NFAFL in season just a thought.
jarhead34
jarhead34

Back to top Go down

Post  nzrogue Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 am

jarhead34 wrote:how about during the NFAFL season the HA's get postponed till the season is over
that way we will always have something to aim for HA'S out of season then the NFAFL in season just a thought.

Agreed, NFAFL has far more support than HA will, ever

HA's are falling by the wayside as it is, Jedi nearly have their BB5 as does ORP

So their interest will fall soon in HA (perhaps?), in fact AZ didnt have a declaration this weekend, so meh all the main fleets are doing is racing to Unique BB5. The only ones competiting for HA is reaslistically 5 fleets (maybe 6) on AZ server anyways
nzrogue
nzrogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Kings11 Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Last I checked Jedi is like a year from the bb5. Since the Unique Vanguard isn't even active... The last active unique ship last i was informed is the Rodney.

Kings11

Back to top Go down

Post  Amorgan Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:32 am

Im all for knockin down HA for the NFAFL...would make it easier to appease the aussies...possibly.. Wink
Amorgan
Amorgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down