Team NF Events
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

What about upgrading the ship # and lvls?

+21
themandimi
jeffcma
Lozarus
JosephLittle
kill_em_all
john59
angus725
willg210
Wildaces123
nzrogue
KillerEarl
jarhead34
ljsevern
cptwallace
Kings11
iampants
Panda
Amorgan
Hellup
BADBonez13
radco
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What about upgrading the ship # and lvls? Empty What about upgrading the ship # and lvls?

Post  radco Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:45 pm

How do you guys feel about adding level 5 ships to the mix?

My suggestion:

24 Ships total per team.

11 Capital ship limit. There is a 7 BB max and a 5 CV max.

Within the above limits, there is also the following ship class limits:
- No SBB or SCV
- No Unique (HA) ships
- 1 BB5 OR CV5 per team. [OR could be upgraded to AND]
- max 2 of the same BB, max 5 of the same CA and lower ship

- PBB's are allowed.
- EBB's are allowed.

Out of the remaining 10 ships per team, the following restrictions are in place:
- 2 SS1 is allowed.
- 2 TW CL's max
- PCA's and PCL's are allowed.

My rationale: let more players play, hedgehogs compensate for SSs

radco

Back to top Go down

What about upgrading the ship # and lvls? Empty Re: What about upgrading the ship # and lvls?

Post  BADBonez13 Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Well, some fleets barely have 20 to play with. These are for the smaller fleets most bigger fleet have no problems and some times they do.

(One weird forums.)

BADBonez13

Back to top Go down

What about upgrading the ship # and lvls? Empty Re: What about upgrading the ship # and lvls?

Post  radco Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:28 pm

BADBonez13 wrote:
(One weird forums.)
\
cyclops

radco

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellup Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Maybe higher tier subs?

Hellup
Hellup
Hellup

Back to top Go down

Post  Amorgan Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:27 pm

ya..better subs..T1 sub isn't worth the effort..move to T2?
Amorgan
Amorgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellup Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Since T3 are out for a long time also why not to T3 already?
Or just step by step.. well get there eventually haha cyclops

Hellup geek
Hellup
Hellup

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Uh, definitely not T2 subs, T1s are relatively balanced, T2s are not...

Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  iampants Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Personally I think if the ship limits are increased at all then it would better to increase the non-capital ships.... this would improve the options and tactical choices without disadvantaging the smaller fleets too much.

So 25 limit, 10 capital ships, 15 others.

Personally I think 20 is an ok limit but if it went to 25 then the capital ship limit should stay at 10.

It could be an option to allow 1 BB5 in the 10 capital ships but I think there is little point including CV5 because people will be using hte same ftrs on CV4 as CV5 so all CV5 does is increase the plane space.

iampants

Back to top Go down

Post  Kings11 Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Ss1 are the only some what balanced subs. The tier 2 and tier 3 are tremendously overpowered it isn't even funny. My thoughts when I spoke to Amorgan was move the cap to 25 if we move at best.

Allow 2 more bb's whether they be bb5's or bb3's (require to use them) and you can pick the rest of the bb's from bb4's. And mainly limit the pca's. I don't like 10 900sd PCA's. I just find it too much and makes the game play boring. I'd like to see some different changes this time around and make us all change up our strats ever so slightly.

Kings11

Back to top Go down

Post  cptwallace Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:59 pm

Until we have the awesome bb5 patch, that no one knows when we are getting, I don't see how we can add in bb5's.

(edit)@kings i'll toss around the pca issue as I can see the merit in that.

As for the ss, I would like to see ss's in the future in the events, I might arrange a fleet battle between 2 fleets with ss123 and then another with ss12's and finally ss1's and see what the results are.

SS's can be overpowered in gb's as no one really works together in handling them (aaw"s) so we can't really judge them in fleet war play. With the new hedgehog's in play and a fleet dedicated in teamwork, in theory, ss's shouldn't be a problem. I won't be sold on the whole ss's idea without see'ing these guys in play a few rounds in organized play.
cptwallace
cptwallace

Back to top Go down

Post  ljsevern Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:27 am

cptwallace wrote:Until we have the awesome bb5 patch, that no one knows when we are getting, I don't see how we can add in bb5's.

(edit)@kings i'll toss around the pca issue as I can see the merit in that.

As for the ss, I would like to see ss's in the future in the events, I might arrange a fleet battle between 2 fleets with ss123 and then another with ss12's and finally ss1's and see what the results are.

SS's can be overpowered in gb's as no one really works together in handling them (aaw"s) so we can't really judge them in fleet war play. With the new hedgehog's in play and a fleet dedicated in teamwork, in theory, ss's shouldn't be a problem. I won't be sold on the whole ss's idea without see'ing these guys in play a few rounds in organized play.

SS2's and 3's are completely overpowered. Putting them in isn't really an option. As hilarious as it would be me running my 900SD UK SS3, I would just charge down entire teams and flank a side on my own. But if you want to do a test battle, I am "shotgunning" the sub spot.

For BB's, we could always add in BB3 and 2's, instead of some of the 900SD PCA's. Also reduce some 900SD PCA's and have some DD/CL. Also limit the amount of the same BB. Otherwise one team can just do the same thing over and over again, and the only way to counter it is by doing the same tactic.

Kings11 wrote:Ss1 are the only some what balanced subs. The tier 2 and tier 3 are tremendously overpowered it isn't even funny. My thoughts when I spoke to Amorgan was move the cap to 25 if we move at best.

Allow 2 more bb's whether they be bb5's or bb3's (require to use them) and you can pick the rest of the bb's from bb4's. And mainly limit the pca's. I don't like 10 900sd PCA's. I just find it too much and makes the game play boring. I'd like to see some different changes this time around and make us all change up our strats ever so slightly.

I agree with Kings.

ljsevern

Back to top Go down

Post  jarhead34 Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:04 am

As for adding BB5/CV5's not got any issues about that could make it a bit more interesting plus we could all do with those few extra fighter's i think you would all agree.
As for the SS's did many of last season's team's/fleet's actually use the SS1 because i think i saw 2 though out whole season
jarhead34
jarhead34

Back to top Go down

Post  ljsevern Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 am

Jedi did in some battles. Just ask ericcartman.

ljsevern

Back to top Go down

Post  jarhead34 Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 am

i only noticed a couple and they were sunk off the batt
jarhead34
jarhead34

Back to top Go down

Post  radco Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:34 am

In one of our battles our SS was the tide turner: sunk 1 bb and crippled 2nd, allowing us to recover.

radco

Back to top Go down

Post  KillerEarl Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:47 am

We used SS a few times.

KillerEarl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kings11 Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Our SS1 took out an Ericcartman in his Iowa and let gave us the up on Regalia. The hedgehogs are a nice touch for countering subs but they are by no means the be all and end all when it is a 900 sd sub move just as fast as your dd.

And I don't see how the bb5's aren't balanced, I could see it when they were all one shottable and could all one shot (except h44) but I rather like they balance they have now, mind you I liked the last one as well haha.

Kings11

Back to top Go down

Post  ?? Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 am

I wound't mind bumping it to 2 SS1's but yes SS2 I can see how there a bit OP I mean I can fit a lvl 80 bve enginer on mine gives me almost same speed as ss3. However I would love to see a limit on PCA not offence there great AA/BB1's but I've seen like Max BB Max CV rest PCA, still just my opinion.

-Fox

??

Back to top Go down

Post  iampants Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:13 pm

One of our tactical plans used an SS1 to good effect.

It depends what you think its purpose is and how that contributes to your overall plan.

iampants

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:43 pm

cptwallace wrote:

Uh, Definitely not. SS2 will pretty much force every team to bring an anti-sub ship. and even then, the skill needed for the anti-sub driver needs to be a decent amount greater than the sub driver, and the fact that you are dedicating one ship to already countering it(and is not very worthwhile otherwise). Yes, SS can counter other SS to an extent, but there is only one of them on the field, which will force another anti-sub ship, because the damage a SS can wreck on a team is stupidly ridiculous.

The worth of a sub isn't always measured by attack, because if it can cause chaos in the other team, it is already a game-breaker.....and SS2 can do just that.

There was a reason for the NFAFL limitations; they are fine.

Panda

Back to top Go down

Post  nzrogue Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:14 pm

SS1 is as far as it should go. Agreed the balance so far is out of whack with the rest of the ship classes.

Regalia in our first match made a mess of our BB line and used it to grand effect (SS1)

Agreed it would bring a new element to the match, but how about we just get the league running properly before screwing around with set ups, number etc

The 20 Player limit should remain as is - It was a struggle to get all the teams to muster this amount of players and some pulled out because of it, increasing this number would put the NFAFL out of reach for more fleets = less competition and support for the event.

Status quo for me, lets get it up and going properly first then make changes if needed in the next season, everyone has had a long break from NFAFL - It would be nice to see the new teams up and running and familiar

my 2 cents
nzrogue
nzrogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildaces123 Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:39 am

I agree with nzrouge.....Leave everything as is.
Lets get more Fleets involved. Play out this seasons and start to build off of that.

Wildaces123

Back to top Go down

Post  jarhead34 Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 am

yeah what rogue said
lets get this ball rolling then make the changes.
jarhead34
jarhead34

Back to top Go down

Post  willg210 Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 am

How about for that capital ships:

2 T3 Capital ships (CV3/BB3)
6 T4 Capital ships (CV4/BB4)
2 T5 Capital ships (CV5/BB5)
willg210
willg210

Back to top Go down

Post  nzrogue Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 am

willg210 wrote:How about for that capital ships:

2 T3 Capital ships (CV3/BB3)
6 T4 Capital ships (CV4/BB4)
2 T5 Capital ships (CV5/BB5)

One thing that Sov made very clear in the set up of the NFAFL was to remove the one shot scenario, one "exceptional" BB5 driver can smoke a whole team, not everyone has a Brigz, Panda etc

Removing BB5's was for this very reason

Please keep this a bare knuckles brawl without complications. Leave Bb5's out leave Subs out. Keep it as it was intended from the start. This event is and was designed for the pure at heart, general skill level and tactics.

It could be argued that adding more would add tactical value, but what was the NFAFL all about at the start?

Why did we all enjoy it so much?

Because it wasnt based on a GB. It was based on the way we played years ago

Its a street fight outside of GB's for fleet pride amongst some of the best players on each server.

Well thats how I view it Embarassed
nzrogue
nzrogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next